Sunday, November 29, 2009
There's a spiffy article at LA Times covering the nascent effort to bring "cicLAvias" to Los Angeles, a concept inspired by Bogota, Colombia's ciclovias in which streets are closed on Sundays + holidays to allow cyclists, skaters, joggers, and pedestrians to roam stress-free. There are plenty of snapshots of the real thing happening all over the world, but for now we Angelenos have dreamy what-if photo-collages to gaze upon, like the artist's rendering of a ciclovia on Sunset Blvd. above. It goes without saying that we at NSLA love visualizations. Check out even more visualizations (by Colleen Corcoran) at the official blog!
explore the map
- ► 2010 ( 126 )
- ocean avenue + santa monica boulevard, santa monic...
- respect: cicLAvia
- melrose avenue + la brea boulevard, hollywood
- sunset boulevard + clark street, west hollywood
- respect: "los angeles without traffic"
- la cienega boulevard + 3rd street, mid-wilshire
- where my single-car commuters at?
- century park east, century city
- 1st street, japantown
- montana avenue, santa monica
- welcome to narrow streets los angeles!
- ▼ November 2009 ( 11 )
About the Photographer
Other sites by David Yoon
Tom Baker, LA Without Cars
FriendsNicola Yoon Design